Hobie® 16 and Hobie 20 North American Championships
Dates June 19-23, 2017
Lewis and Clark Reservoir, Yankton, SD
Experience what a small town in Middle America has to offer. Yankton, SD will host the 2017 16 & 20 North Americans. Yankton was originally occupied by the Sioux Indians and was visited by Lewis and Clark during their famous exploration of the American west in the 1804.
1. In order to avoid school/college conflicts, the dates are mid summer to give us the best opportunity to have students/teachers attend.
2. Easy access location, with close proximity to I-90, I-29 and 4 major airports as well as being very close to the geographic centre of the US.
3. Large well maintained sandy beach, with all events taking place within 50 meters of the boats, including meals, camping/RV parking, bon fires and parties.
4. Tried and true windy area this time of year.
5. Division 7 has lots of experience hosting successful, large Hobie Class events
6. Reduced price for Youth teams
Hobie Beach is approximately 200 meters of sandy beach, with the main sailing area directly south of the beach. RV parking and camping is allowed right on the regatta site for a small fee, with nice showers/bathrooms just steps away. All meals and social events will take place in the park next to the beach in the shelter and large Tent we have arranged. Cabins, hotel rooms and rental homes are all available within a few minutes of the regatta site.
Meals will take place at Hobie Beach under the Big Tent. Monday is the Pasta bar, Wednesday is being catered by Heck’s BBQ, authentic South Dakota BBQ and will be smoked on site, and Friday’s Banquet will be a buffet with choice of Roast Beef, Chicken and Fish. PLEASE contact us prior with special dietary needs. Lunches will be available for a weekly fee and will be delivered to the regatta site daily. Light snack breakfast food will be available on site in the am. Yankton offers a large variety of fun things to do including go carts, fun night life, restaurants, great golf and sight seeing. Tuesday and Thursday will be dine on your own nights.